There are some recipes that are very simple but great. This shrimp spaghetti with garlic and zucchini recipe is just like that. As with other seafood, shrimp is high in calcium, iodine and protein but low in calories. If you don’t like shrimp you make it with any other protein like chicken or salmon chunks.
Boil water in a large pot. Season with salt (1/2-1 tbsp (10-20 g) of salt for each quart (litre) of water.) Once water is boiling add spaghetti to the pot. Stir occasionally and cook the spaghetti for 10 minutes (al dente) or cook pasta according to package instructions. For more information on 3 Tips To Prevent Pasta From Sticking Together the link.
Prepare The Other Ingredients For Shrimp Spaghetti
While pasta cooks wash the zucchini. Then cut it in half lengthwise then cut crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick half-moons. Thinly slice half of chili, peel, and mince garlic. Rinse and drip the shrimp off.
Heat a drizzle of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat and add zucchini and chili (if using). Cook zucchini for about 3 minutes or is lightly browned.
Add shrimp and garlic to zucchini mixture, cook through 2-3 minutes (until shrimp are fried). Stirring occasionally and if needed, season with salt and pepper.
Add 4 tbsp butter, half the parmesan (use the other half of the parmesan for serving) to spaghetti. Then 1/2 cup reserved pasta cooking water to shrimp mixture. Stir until everything is combined or nicely coated with the sauce.
Serve Shrimp Spaghetti
Serve the shrimp spaghetti with the remaining parmesan to taste on top of the pasta. Serve immediately and enjoy!
Shrimp Spaghetti with Garlic & Zucchini
- 12 oz Spaghetti (360g)
- 2 Zucchini
- 20 oz Shrimp (600g)
- 1 Chili Pepper
- 4 cloves Garlic
- ½ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 5 tsp Olive oil
- 4 tbsp Butter
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cook the pasta in salted water.
- Wash and halve the zucchini lengthwise then cut crosswise into ¼-inch thick. If you like spicy, thinly slice half the chili. Peel and mince the garlic. Rinse shrimp.
- Heat a large drizzle of olive oil in a large pan, add zucchini and sliced chili. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes.
- Add shrimp and garlic to zucchini, stirring occasionally and cook through 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add 4 tbsp butter to spaghetti, half the parmesan and ½ cup reserved pasta cooking water to shrimp mixture. Season with salt and pepper. Cook until everything is combined.
- Sprinkle the remaining parmesan on top of the pasta. Serve immediately and enjoy!