Semolina pudding cake is a very simple dessert for a birthday, for Valentine’s Day, for a party or you can make it when you just don’t have enough time or if you are a beginner. The decoration is really up to you or your taste. In this recipe, I make a chocolate heart decoration on top of the cake and I use a cookies cutter.
INSTRUCTIONS for Semolina pudding cake
Pour 2 cups of cold milk with a pinch of salt in a large pot and begin to cook medium heat. When begins to hot add 1/2 cup of fine semolina, 4 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons vanilla sugar, 4 tablespoons butter, 1/2 cup of grated coconut. Cook stirring constantly until thickened.
Sprinkle thinly with grated coconut a greased springform baking tin then pour in the mixture. Place to the refrigerator or cold place and let it cool. Tip: You can use graham cracker crust or crushed biscuit at the bottom of the greased springform baking tin.
When the semolina pudding cake cold, place the chocolate decoration on top and sprinkle with a pinch of grated coconut, grated pistachio or fruits and enjoy!
For the chocolate heart shape in a large bowl put the 1/2 bar of dark chocolate, 2 tablespoons cream and melt them over vapour. When melted, pour into the form or cookies cutter and let it cool. I usually put them on baking paper when it has cooled, place them on top of the cake.
Semolina Pudding Cake
- 2 cups cold milk
- ½ cup fine semolina
- 5 tbsps sugar
- 2 tsps vanilla sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 tbsps butter
- ½ cup grated coconut
- ½ bar dark chocolate (1 bar = 100g)
- 2 tbsps cream
- pistachio, fruits (to the decoration)
- Heat 2 cups of cold milk with a pinch of salt then add to semolina, sugar, vanilla sugar, butter and grated coconut and cook stirring constantly until thickened.
- Sprinkle thinly with grated coconut a greased springform baking tin then pour in the mixture and let it cool.
For The Chocolate Heart Shape
- Melt the dark chocolate, the cream over vapour then pour into the form and let it cool.
- When the semolina pudding cake is cold, place the chocolate decoration on top and sprinkle with grated coconut, grated pistachio or garnish with fruits and enjoy!