This homemade meatloaf made in a baking sheet is very healthy because it is made from beef and I don’t use oil for frying. I’m going to illustrate to you with some pictures on step by step how to make the perfect meatloaf:
Preheat oven over medium-high heat and while the oven is warming up prepare all the ingredients by washing, peeling.
- Halve, peel and mince 1 shallot. (You can also use onion).
- Peel and mince 1 clove of garlic.
- Strip thyme leaves from stems; finely chop it with parsley – until you have 1 and a half- 2 teaspoons.
- In a bowl soak 1/4 cup of panko breadcrumbs with 1 beef stock concentrate and 2 tablespoons water. Season with salt and pepper and mix them thoroughly.
Form and Bake The Meatloaf
- Add Beef and shallot (or onion), the minced garlic, chopped thyme and parsley, salt and pepper to bowl with panko mixture.
- Combine thoroughly and form into four-six 1-inch-tall loaves, being careful all balls are the same. (I usually use a tablespoon so that the balls are the same and each meatloaf will fry evenly)
- Transfer on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake them over medium-high heat until browned; cooked through, 20-25 minutes.
Tip: You can use one type of meat or drier and fatter meat mixture, for example, half of the meat is beef, the other half is pork. As I did in the Zucchini recipe stuffed with minced meat.
As A Side Dish
While it is roasting, you can make the side dish. The mashed potatoes and/or roast green beans go well with the meatloaf. The beans are ready quickly so once meatloaves have baked for 10 minutes, carefully, remove it from oven and put the green beans next to it. Return medium-high heat until green beans are tender and meatloaves are cook through, 10-15 minutes more.
When the meatloaves are done, divide them between plates with a chosen side dish and enjoy!
Meatloaf Made In A Baking Sheet
- 10 oz ground beef (280g)
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 beef stock concentrate
- 1 shallot (or onion)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1½ tsp thyme
- 2 tsp parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 F (200 C). Wash and dry all produce.
- Strip thyme leaves from stems. After finely chop it with parsley. Halve, peel, mince the shallot or onion, and garlic.
- Soak panko breadcrumb with stock concentrate and 2 tbsp water, in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper then mix to combine.
- Add beef, chopped shallot, thyme, the garlic, salt and pepper to the panko mixture. Mix until combine and form into four or six 1-inch-tall loaves.
- Place them on a lightly oiled baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- When the meatloaves are done, divide them between plates with a chosen side dish and enjoy!