This homemade tomato pasta sauce is easy to make. It tastes so much better than what you’ve ever bought because it’s made from fresh tomatoes.
How to Peel Tomatoes
There are many different methods of peeling tomatoes. I am going to show you the boiling method.
First, boil water in a large pot. Meanwhile, slice X into the bottom of the tomatoes.
When water is boiling add tomatoes for 30 seconds. Then remove them from hot water and place into the bowl of cold water and cool the tomatoes.
Take the tomatoes out of the cold water and start peeling them at X. Be careful, not to overcook the tomatoes, because the tomatoes flesh will be tender.
Prepare the other vegetables
Peel 3 cloves of garlic and a small red onion. Cut in half the red onion and thinly slice it into a half-moon. Toss the peeled and diced tomatoes, sliced red onion, 3 cloves of halved garlic into the baking tray. Sprinkle with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar, 3 teaspoons of oregano. Finally, season salt and pepper.
Put the vegetables to the oven and grill for around 20 minutes, stir at halftime. Meanwhile, boil salty water in a large pot. Once water is boiling add spaghetti (250g) to the pot. Stir and cook it for 9-11 minutes (al dente) or cook according to package instruction.
3 Tips To Prevent Pasta From Sticking Together
- When water is boiling add spaghetti and 1 csp oil or butter too.
- The other method to avoid your pasta sticking together add to 1 csp oil or butter right after draining the pasta and mix them.
- Never wash your pasta only let it drain.
The final step in making tomato pasta sauce; mash the grilled vegetables
When the vegetables are grilled, mash them with a fork, or potato press. Pour the sauce over the pasta and stir until nicely coated with the sauce. Sprinkle with grated parmesan, serve and enjoy! You just made homemade tomato pasta sauce.
Homemade Tomato Pasta Sauce From Fresh Tomatoes
- 3-4 large tomato
- 3 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsps olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tsps oregano (dry)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsps balsamic vinegar
- 250 g pasta (spaghetti)
- Preheat oven to 400 F (205 C)
- Place the tomatoes into the boiling water for 25-30 seconds. Then remove them from the boiling water and peel them.
- Put the tomatoes and the others ingredients into the baking tray. Sprinkle them with olive oil and balsamic vinegar, season with oregano, salt and pepper.
- Put the vegetables to the oven for about 20 minutes and stir them at halftime.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti in salty water.
- When the vegetables are fried, mash them with a fork, or potato press. Pour the sauce over the spaghetti, sprinkle with grated parmesan, serve and enjoy!