Guacamole is made from ripe avocado fruit and fresh ingredients such as ripe tomatoes, fresh coriander, freshly squeezed lime juice. Don’t you like pre-made guacamole cream? Make it yourself super-quickly and easily. And at least you know what it contains that you eat. There is no need for kitchen machines, baking or cooking to make guacamole. It takes less than 15 minutes.
This guacamole dipping or cream is a very delicious and healthy (avocados are a good source of vitamins) therefore good choice as an appetizer, for breakfast or dinner. The guacamole cream is also perfect instead of butter.
I suggest you try my “classic” guacamole recipe and flavour it to taste if necessary because a good recipe is a matter of taste.
But how is classic guacamole made?
- First of all wash and cut in half the avocados and scoop out the flesh in a mixing bowl. For detailed tips on peeling avocados, click on the link.
- You don’t need a high-speed blender, because of the flesh of the ripe avocado is soft so you can easily mash it with a fork. The other method is that scoop out the flesh onto the board and starts chopping it thoroughly. You can make creamy puree or leave it chunky. It depends on your taste.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes, 1/4 small red onion finely and mince 1 clove of garlic then add to the avocado.
- Finally, add the juice from half lime, season with salt and pepper and a little bit of tabasco. You can also add chilli if you like. Then combine it thoroughly.
- Thinly slice the remaining red onion and use as a garnish but you can decorate with jalapeno, thinly sliced bell pepper, coriander leaves.
- Serve it with toast, fresh bread, tortilla chips and enjoy!
Guacamole: as an appetizer or for dinner
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 tomatoes
- ¼ red onion (small)
- 1 cloves of garlic
- ½ lime juice
- Tabasco or chilli (to taste)
- jalapeno (to taste)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- Cut in half the avocados. For detailed tips on peeling avocados, click on the link.
- Puree with a fork.
- Peel and chop the tomatoes finely.
- Mince the garlic, and cut the red onion finely.
- Add all the ingredients to the puree, then add the lime juice and tabasco to taste.
- Season with salt and pepper then combine it thoroughly.
- Garnish with jalapeno, thinly sliced red onion and enjoy!