This is one of my favourite cookie recipes. We make it once a month. This chocolate-walnut cookie healthy because of oatmeal that is rich in fibre. It is very easy to make like most similar cookie recipes, so you can make it when you just do not have enough time.
Chocolate-Walnut Cookie Making Step By Step
This recipe consists of 10 ingredients that you only need to mix one after the other.
Begin by melting 3/4 cup of butter, then in a medium bowl put 1/2 cup of sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract. Measure and sift through 3/4 cup of flour, add 2 tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons of baking powder to it.
Grind half of 1 cup of walnut the other half cut into small pieces. (you can use for it chopper too but, I prefer to chop by hand because then it won’t be chopped very finely).
Add the grounded, chopped walnut and 1 cup oatmeal to the flour bowl. Stir in 2 eggs and 3/4 cup of dark chopped chocolate. Mix until well combined.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Line a baking tray with baking paper and form into 2 inch small balls (depending on how large you like your cookies) out of it and place 1 inch apart onto the prepared baking tray, leaving plenty of room for the cookies to spread. (I usually use a tablespoon. Roll slightly heaped tablespoons of dough into balls, so that the balls will be the same).
When I formed each ball I press down their top slightly by hand. Finally, put it in the oven and bake the cookies for 20 minutes. Then remove from the oven and leave to cool down before eating.
This chocolate-walnut cookie with oatmeal even is more delicious for day by day. Keep them in an airtight container.
Chocolate-walnut cookie with oatmeal
- ¾ cup unsalted butter (125g)
- ½ cup sugar (100g)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ cup flour (100g)
- 2 tsps baking powder
- 2 tbsps unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup walnut (100g)
- 1 cup oatmeal (100g)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks (50g)
- Melt the butter, stir in sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Add the walnut (grind half of the walnut the other half cut into small pieces) and oatmeal too.
- Stir in the eggs, and chocolate chunks.
- When all the ingredients are well combined, form little balls (a little bit press top of the balls) out of it and bake at 350 F (180 C) for around 20 minutes and enjoy!