If you have no enough time to cook but you want to eat a tasty, hearty dinner or lunch make this chicken salad. It is made special by a combination of prunes and sheep’s cottage cheese. I don’t like dried fruits so much, but it’s very tasty in this salad with a combination of other flavours. So feel free to try this recipe even if you do not like prunes.
We know every salad is healthy and contains vitamins. The sheep curd or sheep’s cottage cheese is full of mineral especially calcium so they make a good pair with the salads.
Let’s see how to put this chicken salad together
I suggest, start with chicken breast fillet because while it is cooking you can easy to prepare the vegetables by washing, chopping. Cut it into small chunks then heat a drizzle of oil in a pan add the diced chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until lightly browned. Be careful with the salt because the sheep’s cottage cheese is also salty!
Meanwhile, wash and cut half iceberg lettuce into strips or tear it into small pieces. You can also use other collard greens. Cut the 1/2 cup of cocktail tomatoes into half and cut the 1/2 cup of prunes into small pieces. I like to cut the ingredients into small pieces because the food is easier to digest.
Finally, make the dressing
Mix together the half cup of nature yoghurt with the half cup of sheep’s cottage cheese. (You can use other more solid cheese or curd e.g. goat curd. The point is to have a characterful flavour. I had already made this recipe with a less characteristic flavoured curd such as cow’s curd but the taste was not so extra as the stronger flavour ones).
Divide the salads between bowls, then add the roast chicken chunks, tomatoes, prunes and pour over the yoghurt-curd dressing on top and enjoy the flavours!
Chicken Salad with Prunes
- 1 chicken breast fillet
- 2 tbsps oil
- ¼ cup prunes
- ½ cup sheep cottage cheese (or sheep's curd)
- ½ cup yoghurt (natural)
- ½ iceberg salad
- ½ cup tomatoes (cherry, plum, cocktail)
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Heat a drizzle of oil in a pan, add the diced chicken breast fillet and roast it. Season with salt and pepper, but don't use too much salt, because the curd is salty!
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into strips, cut the tomatoes in half, cut the prunes into small pieces.
- Mix the sheep cottage cheese and the yoghurt thoroughly.
- Divide the salad between bowls, put the prunes, tomatoes, roasted chicken breast chunks on the top, finally pour over the sheep cottage cheese- yoghurt dressing and enjoy!