Brownie with pears steamed in red wine is not only very chocolate but a showy dessert that is also perfect for Valentine’s Day. The sour red wine pear is a very good choice to balance sweet chocolate and bitter cocoa.
INSTRUCTIONS Brownie with red wine pears
Firstly, prepare the pears by washing, peeling then put them in a pot and pour over red wine and sugar covering the pears. Cut the vanilla bean in half lengthwise scrape off the seeds (use for the brownie) and put the scraped bean to the red wine. Cover and cook for about 30 minutes, then turn the heat off and let the fruits to rest in the red wine. Tip: Do not pour out the remaining red wine, make mulled wine from it.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). In a large bowl put the 3 bars of dark chocolate, 3/4 cup of sugar and the 3/4 cup of butter. Melt them over vapour. When it melted, stir in 5 eggs and the other ingredients (9 tbsps flour, 2 tbsps cocoa powder, baking powder).
Pour the batter into an 8 x 8 inch (not bigger dish or your brownies will overcook) baking dish (non-stick). Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes then remove from the oven and leave to cool down. Cut out 4 shapes of the same size with cookies cutter or a bigger glass from the brownie. (to which the pears fit)
Important, before serving, let the pears drain off and only then place on top of the brownie. You can pour the pears with chocolate syrup and enjoy!
Brownie With Red Wine Pears
To The Brownie
- 3 bars dark chocolate (300 g)
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 9 tbsps flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cs baking powder
- 5 medium eggs
- 2 tbsps cocoa powder
To The Pear
- 4 peaces pear
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 9 tbsps sugar
- 1 vanilla stick
- Steam the pears in red wine, add sugar, scraped vanilla bean and under the cover cook for about 30 seconds. Then turn the heat on and let the fruits to rest.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Melt the dark chocolate, the sugar, the butter over the vapour.
- When it melted stir in 5 eggs and the other ingredients.
- Pour the batter into an 8×8 dish and bake for about 15 to 20 minutes. When baked and cool, cut out 4 shapes of the same size from the brownie.
- Drain off the pears and place on top of the brownie. You can pour them with chocolate or other syrup and enjoy!