Making all muffins are easy. If you love muffins and bananas too be sure to give it a try this muffin recipe. These banana muffins with chocolate chunks are very easy to make too so you can feel free to make them even as a beginner.
If you have already made recipes from me, you know that I don’t like very sweet desserts, so none of my recipes contains a lot of sugar. Banana muffins with chocolate chunks are full of great flavours. Dark chocolate (or dark chocolate with high cocoa content) is a very good choice to balance sweet, ripe bananas. These muffins are perfect for breakfast, tea time or in the coffee break.
Mix Ingredients in 3 Steps
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C) before mixing the ingredients.
- Measure out and sift through 1 cup of flour, 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda, 3 teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon and 1/3 cup of dark chocolate chunks in a medium bowl and mix them.
- In another bowl mix together 2 medium eggs, 1/3 cup of sugar, 3 teaspoons of vanilla sugar (or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract). Then add 1/2 cup of melted butter, 1/2 cup of milk and 2 mashed, ripe bananas into it, mix until combined.
- Finally, add the flour mixture little by little into the wet mixture and mix until just incorporated.
Line a muffin tin with cupcake liners. Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups (fill them till 3/4). If you would like, sprinkle the top of the muffins with pieces of chocolate, roasted almonds, oats…
How to Serve Banana Muffins
Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. If you would like to garnish them use a little bit of powder sugar, of course, this is really up to you and your taste.
Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chunks
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chunks (50g)
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter (110g)
- 2 medium, ripe bananas
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon and chocolate chunks.
- Combine eggs with sugar and mix until fluffy. Then mix the melted butter, mashed bananas and milk into it.
- Finally, add the flour mixture little by little into the banana mixture and mix until just incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups until they are ⅔ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Let them cool then enjoy!