Asparagus is a spring vegetable that is full of fibre, vitamins and low in calories. Perfect for dieting, detoxification and excellent against spring fatigue. It is worth mentioning the high folic acid content of asparagus in the absence of which we may feel more tired and irritated, our ability to concentrate may decrease.
Boil salty water in a pot, when water is boiling put the pasta in it. Stir and cook it according to package instruction.
Continue preparing the asparagus. Many people are averse to it but it is super easy and quick to do. Start by washing then break off the woody ends on the bottom of the stalks. It is better to break it off than to cut it off because that way the stalks will break off where they need it. While white asparagus should be peeled, the green one should not.
Once you have prepared the asparagus, cut them into 1-inch pieces and cook in salted water for approx. 4 to 5 minutes then strain and let them drain.
Chop 5 slices of bacon into small chunks and fry until crisp. While frying cut 1 ripe camembert into larger pieces and add to the bacon. Cook until the camembert melts then add 1/2 cup of cream, 1/2 cup of dry white wine and season with coarsely ground pepper and the thinly sliced 2 cloves of garlic. Once the sauce is boiling pour it over the penne and mix thoroughly. Finally, sprinkle the drained asparagus pieces on top of the penne and enjoy!
Asparagus-Camembert Penne Recipe
- 1 box penne (16oz)
- 1 bunch green asparagus (16oz)
- 5 slices of bacon (thin slice)
- 1 ripe, soft camembert (8oz)
- ½ cup cream
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 2 cloves of garlic
- ground pepper (to taste)
- Cook the penne or your other favourite pasta.
- Prepare the green asparagus, cut the 1-inch pieces and cook them in salted water for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the bacon into strips, fry in a hot pan and add the chopped camembert. Cook them until the camembert melts. Add the cream, coarsely ground pepper, finally dry white wine.
- Thinly slice the garlic add to the sauce then pour over the penne and mix well. Finally, sprinkle the drained asparagus on top and enjoy!