What is good about these apple poppy seed muffins? Easy to make like most muffins. Just mix all the ingredients and bake. I prefer muffins that also have some fruit or vegetable in them because they stay juicy the next day as well, just like these.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (180 C). Meanwhile, wash and peel 2 medium apples. Cut it into small chunks. If it needs to ground the poppy seeds. Cut the milk or dark chocolate into small pieces but you can use chocolate pastilles. Melt 1/2 cup of butter and mix with sugar and vanilla sugar.
Add eggs, flour mixed with baking powder and milk then whisk them together. Stir in gently the prepared and diced apples, grounded poppy seeds and chocolate pieces into the batter.
Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups (fill them till 3/4). If necessary, grease the muffin cups with cooking spray or butter, but you can also use muffin papers. Bake the muffins for 20 minutes or until the toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let them cool and enjoy!
6 Tips For Baking Muffins
- Fill any empty muffin cups with water. This method will ensure that the muffin tin does not burn or warp during baking.
- When filling muffin cups use a spoon so that they are the same and each muffin will bake evenly.
- Do not over mix the batter because the muffins may be tough.
- Do not leave the muffin batter at room temperature for a long time because your muffins will not rise.
- After baking put them on a wire rack to cool.
- Put fruits or vegetables in the batter, this will prevent the muffins from drying out the next day. Keep them in an airtight container.
Apple Poppy Seed Muffins with Chocolate Pieces
- 1 cup flour
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted melted butter (110g)
- 2 eggs
- 3 tsp vanilla sugar
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 2 apples
- ½ cup ground poppy seeds
- ⅓ cup chocolate chunks (milk or dark) (50g)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 C).
- Combine the melted butter with sugar and vanilla sugar.
- Add eggs, flour mixed with baking powder and milk then whisk them together.
- Stir into the batter to diced apple, the ground poppy seeds and chocolate chunks.
- Spoon batter between the prepared muffin cups until they are ⅔ full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. Let them cool and enjoy!