I give you some ideas and tips for how to peel an avocado. If you follow these instructions you can peel it easily. Illustrated with pictures.
Vitamin content of Avocado
Do you know the avocado is a fruit and is rich in several B vitamins and vitamin C, K, E, and their potassium content is higher than bananas? Avocados are also a good source of vitamins.
How to choose the perfect avocado
- The avocado is UNRIPE if it is green colour under the stem
- RIPE if it is brown colour under the stem
- PERFECT if it is yellowish colour under the stem
Let’s see 3 tips for how to peel an avocado:
Step 1: Wash and cut the avocado in half
Take a sharp knife and cut the avocado in half lengthwise. The avocado has a single large seed so you cut into it until you reach the seed. Then rotate the avocado halves and separate them.
Step 2: Rotate the avocado and remove the core
There are several solutions to remove the core:
- Carefully tap the knife into the core then remove from the avocado.
- If the avocado is ripe enough you can remove the core by gently pressing the edges of the avocado (I usually use this method).
- Take the core out of the avocado with a teaspoon.
Step 3: Scoop out the flesh from the skin
You will only need a spoon for this step with a scoop out the flesh from the skin. Most importantly, remove the brown parts under the skin from the avocado because those are bad for your health.
You are done with peeling the avocado
You can slice, dice the flesh of the avocado and use it for salads (avocado salad with boiled egg) and as a soft-fleshed fruit, therefore, you can easily puree with a fork and make guacamole out of it.